Debt Management Firms Still Failing Consumers
Posted on 1 July 2015
According to the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Debt Management Firms are still failing Britain's most vulnerable.
Comments of particular note are:
- firms are failing to adequately assess customer's financial circumstances before recommending a course of action
- firms not making clear the type of service they provide and that free advice is available
- vulnerable customers encouraged to purchase products ans services which were not suitable and impeded their ability to repay their debts
- Most telling is the statement "We found the quality of advice provided by some fee-charging debt management was unacceptably low"
Read the full article at the FCA's website.
For appropriate advice, both directors and individuals should speak with properly qualified insolvency advisors.
Speak to our experts at Byrne Associates, Bristol on 01275 464 038
It is important to take early advice - whilst all options are still open. The longer matters are left, the less control you will have over the outcome, and the harder it becomes to save a business
Subscribe via RSS
25 April 2016
22 March 2016
20 January 2016
- Head Office: Suite 3 Farleigh House, Farleigh Court, Old Weston Road, Flax Bourton, Bristol, BS48 1UR
- Tel: 01275 464 038
Fax: 01275 462 937